Sasol K059B Maintenance Buildings
- This Design-Build Project included a blast resistant 85,000 SF Maintenance Building and an 8,400 SF Workshop Building.
- The Maintenance Building contained a 57,000 SF two- story interior space for maintenance personnel which included office spaces, conference rooms, locker rooms, and workshop areas. Interior space included folding panel partitions, porcelain tile in wet areas and an elevator.
- The remaining 28,000 SF consisted of a fully air- conditioned and sprinklered open fab shop area with 3 overhead bridge cranes, 11 jib cranes and CMU perimeter walls.
- The Workshop Building consisted of two-story interior build-out, open shop area, overhead crane, 6 jib cranes.
- The Workshop Building also included a unique high- pressure HP-Valve Testing Room with 12” thick concrete walls and ceilings, overhead hoist trolley system and 8ft x 14ft shrapnel resistant doors.